Welcome to Voluntary Service Overseas
Mother Mbalu names baby boy after dedicated Community Health Officer
Mbalu Kamara, was so pleased with the care she received from Community Health Officer Andrew Sesay, she named her baby boy after him.
Going above and beyond to save lives
Andrew Sesay is a Community Health Officer at Binkolo clinic, Sierra Leone. He’s often the first point of call for the thousands of people living in the community.
No one should live in poverty and be denied choice and opportunity.
Our extraordinary volunteers live and work side by side with some of the poorest people to improve lives.
- Overcoming rural poverty through farming innovations. Read more...ICS youth volunteering for improved livelihoods and healthYouth employment in Bangladesh
- Improving English language learning in CambodiaICS youth volunteering for improved education and livelihoods in RatankiriStrengthening education management in CambodiaEmpowering young entrepreneurs in CambodiaImproving market access for people in poverty with AccentureImproving child nutrition in MondulkiriBoosting incomes from fishing and livestockEfficient and accountable governance across Cambodia
- Improved education quality in EthiopiaTackling critical capacity gaps in basic education
- Improving education for girls and children with disabilitiesICS youth volunteering for improved education and livelihoodsIncreasing profits for cocoa farmers
- Inclusive education for girls and children with disabilities in Kenya
- Accelerating child literacy and numeracy through technologyPromoting human rights and health in prisons across Southern Africa
- Levelling the playing field for girls through vocational and life skills
- Upgrading teachers' English skillsSupporting women's organisations fighting gender-based violenceMaking childbirth safer in Myanmar
- ICS youth volunteering for improved education, health and livelihoods in LamjungDelivering equality in education for girlsChild-centred primary teaching for better literacy and numeracy in remote Jumla and JajarkotPreventing violence against women in migrant familiesHelping Nepal prepare for natural disasters
- Strengthening education management in NigeriaICS youth volunteering for improved education, health and livelihoods in KwaraNational volunteering to boost education standardsBoosting achievement through mobile science and maths labs
- Strengthening policing to combat gender-based violence
- Improving primary literacy and numeracy skills in RwandaIntroducing effective early childhood education in Rwanda
- Improving primary education in KageraBox libraries to boost literacy in KageraICS youth volunteering for improved education and livelihoodsTeacher training for better primary and secondary education in Tabora, Dodoma and LindiPreventing maternal and neonatal deaths in Kigoma regionBoosting youth employment through vocational training in MtwaraImproving education and parental income in KageraBoosting agricultural income and market links in ZanzibarBuilding an enabling environment for young and woman entrepreneurs
- Better access to knowledge and services for improved youth sexual and reproductive healthICS youth volunteering for improved health in ZambiaAdvocating for land rights in Zambia
- ICS youth volunteering for improved healthSupporting women's rights, health and financial independence across Southern Africa