Why choose VSO Knowledge Exchange?
Knowledge Exchange is VSO's corporate employee volunteering offer.
Communities living in poverty
- Local development partners access new skills and capabilities to improve their work
- Demonstrable improvements in the lives of communities living in poverty
- Local organisations and communities have a better understanding of, and engagement with, the private sector
VSO Knowledge Exchange is designed to develop the leadership competencies of key employees, specifically:
- Innovation, flexibility, strategic thinking and team leading skills to deliver results
- Ability to deliver projects and programmes linked to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- New thinking to design and deliver new products and services
- New skills and knowledge in an emerging market
- Develops cross-cultural awareness through team assignments
Through VSO Knowledge Exchange you can become a partner in achieving the SDGs while:
- Developing the sustainability leaders of tomorrow
- Rewarding employees and generating engagement in your CSR work
- Improving talent acquisition and retention
- Understanding new markets and opportunities
- Innovating new products and services
- Deepening involvement with and understanding of global supply chains
VSO and Citi: Supporting entrepreneurs to grow communities
Talent aquisition and retention: Embed volunteering in a pre-existing training programme, with assignments typically 1-2 months.
VSO and Syngenta: Supporting smallholder farmers to increase their yields and incomes
Supply chain: Co-design a programme to optimise supply chain paying attention to local environment, with mixed long and short-term volunteer assignments.
VSO and Randstad: Sharing skills to fight poverty
Employee reward: A range of assignments are available to employees each month with 3-6 month long assignments.
VSO and IBM: Mentoring change-makers through employee assignments
Leadership fast track: Bespoke assignments for specific groups of employees, with assigments up to one month long.
To find out what you could achieve through a partnership with VSO, please get in touch with our dedicated private sector engagement team.
Contact: Paul Benson, senior private sector engagement manager
Phone: +44  20 8780 7345
We're on LinkedIn
Private sector engagement
The private sector has a crucial role to play in developing poor and marginalised communities.
Private sector engagement events
Register for upcoming webinars and events where you'll learn how corporate employee volunteering can benefit your business.